Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Make it right....now!

Sitting here, brain numb, hart sore, mind racing...millions of thoughts yet none at all.

My day started relatively well. Then received the bad news about one of our Little Fighters. I am beginning to hate the phrases, "palliative care" and "quality of life".

It's heartbreaking when you read on a fellow mother's facebook status. "Is there anyone out there with superpowers who can heal my child? I beg you!" I can't begin to imagine what must be going through their minds right now.

But I can tell you what is going through mine.

I have regrets. Of too little time spent with my children. Often being too busy. Shushing them when they want to tell me something, but I am "busy". Of not being the best mother I can be. Quite honestly. And I am so ashamed of it. So very ashamed. Because somewhere there is a mother wishing to have what I have, praying to have what I have. Willing to give her own life for what I have.

Healthy children.

So today, I want to beg of you all. PLEASE make it right. Do it NOW. If you are as guilty as I am, make it right. Tomorrow, we might be walking in different shoes on a journey which is already so many parent's hell.

So now I am going to pull up my big-girl broeks, blow my nose and wash my face...and spend some time with my boys.

I don't have more words today. Just please appreciate what you have, and spare a thought for all the families who would change places with you in a heartbeat, no matter how difficult and busy and complicated you might think your life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment